Re: [wg-d] Overview

At 05:35 PM 10/17/99 +0200, Eva Frölich wrote:
>[snip]
>4.6 Real-Time Work
>Why should they be governed by Robert´s Rules? To my understanding Robert
>Rules is something so complicated that only a few poeple in the US know
>them properly. And they are completely unknown to the rest of the world.
>Why must we then adopt something that complicated? Can´t we find any
>simpler way of working?
>[snip]

	I'm quite self-conscious about not having been here for the WG's
discussion of this topic, but I'll echo Eva's point.  I actually know
Robert's Rules; I participate in meetings governed by them on a regular
basis.  It seems to me that their main virtue, in the U.S and U.K., is that
that are sufficiently widely known and accepted as to be an uncontroversial
part of the infrastructure.  Before imposing them on a global population
that so far has not had the dubious pleasure of learning them, it's worth
looking for something simpler.  Again, if the group has already resolved
this issue, I'll recede, but those are my two cents.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
weinberg@msen.com