Re: [wg-d] Overview

> I think it would be better (albeit
> undesirable) for us to report to the NC the points on which we have reached
> consensus, and the opposing arguments where we have not.

This makes sense to me. The question then becomes what the NC is to do
with the section containing separate reports. I don't read the bylaws as
allowing the NC to choose between two alternatives, if there is consensus
for neither.

If that's true, when faced with conflicting choices and an absence of
consensus, does the NC:

  (a) create a new WG?
  (b) Ask for additional public comment period
      to seek compromise positions?
  (c) Mediate?
  (d) Create their own compromise and see if they
      can build consensus around it?
  (e) Any of the above, depending on the judgment of the NC?

I think we ought to try to address this too.

     -- Bret