Re: [wg-d] Draft 0.1

> * Mailing List
>
> An DNSO Working Group must have a general Internet mailing list. Most of
> the work of an DNSO Working Group will be conducted on the mailing list.
> The Working Group charter must include: the address to which a participant
> sends a subscription request and the procedures to follow when
> subscribing; the address to which a participant sends submissions and
> special procedures, if any; and, the location of the mailing list archive.
> A message archive must be maintained in a public place which can be
> accessed via the web.

I'd like to suggest that we address the following:

 - Whether there should be means to moderate the list or otherwise deal with
   destructive (as opposed to merely disruptive or disagreeable) voices.
   Even the IETF itself allows the "banning" of people in certain extreme
   cases.

 - That no relevant posting be blocked simply because it arrives on the mailing
   list in a cc: line or is otherwise "cross posted".  We need to recognize that
   many issues cut across group lines.  Such cross postings are perhaps indicative
   of the need to form a focused group for that matter, but in the interim, before
   such a group is established, if ever, we should recognize the legitimaticy
   of the discussion and allow the group to proceed.

And a clarification - the archives should be open to everyone, whether a
working group member or not.

And the archives should be preserved for a minimum of ten years, if not
longer.

		--karl--