Re: [wg-d] Fwd: Draft Report to the NC regarding interim measures

Mark C. Langston wrote:

>I'm a bit puzzled
>as to why WG-D, for whom this document claims to speak, wasn't asked
>for input on the document.

Mark -- Sorry for the confusion. Over the last week or two, I've tried my
hand at summarizing some of the threads here on the "interim measures"
issue. You'll note that the text of the report to the NC comes almost
verbatim from those summaries and it includes many of the comments and
suggestions that we received in response.

The short timeline seemed fair because (i) we ourselves had been given a
short timeline from the NC, (ii) the bulk of the report's text had been
posted on the list previously, and (iii) we _seemed_ to be in substantial
agreement on the core issues. Theresa and I are trying to incorporate the
comments received this morning from Javier and Kent, and we'll add any
from others as well.

Your admonition is understood though, and we'll try to avoid such short
deadlines in the future.

    -- Bret