[wg-d] What our product should resemble

Here's a brief sketch of what any product of this group should look
like:

The process should be streamlined.  Relatively short and easy to follow.
The process should be fair and balanced, allowing no one interest an
 undue influence over any other, from the perspective of the process itself.
The process should be inclusive, providing some mechanism that ensures
  participation from all interests.
The process should be accountable.  There should be some way to accurately
  determine consensus or lack thereof, and the demographics of that
  consensus.
The process should be swift, providing a means by which we can quickly
  arrive at consensus while not sacrifing speed for breadth or depth.
The process should provide a means of determining a clear goal for the
  process.
The process should balance the powers of the chairs against the powers of
  the body.

I'd like to mention that I use the word consensus here.  I use it to
mean some sizeable majority of the participants.  The issue I believe
is not what is meant by the word, but the process by which its
existence is determined.

--
Mark C. Langston	LATEST: ICANN refuses	Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org  to consider application for       http://www.idno.org