Re: [wg-d] Working Group Membership

> >It may be "odd" to some.  I don't find it odd at all.  Constituency folks
> >can "participate" as individuals.

> Well, just so. I don't know any other way for a company or organization
> to participate except through its employees or designated
> representatives. The question is whether you require "Jane Doe" to
> participate as "Jane Doe" or allow her to participate as "Jane Doe,
> employee of MegaCorp." The latter seems far preferable, as it permits
> disclosure of one's business affiliation and interests.

Am I "Karl Auerbach, employee of Cisco Systems", "Karl Auerbach, employee
of TheatreWorks", "Karl Auerbach, CTO of InterWorking Labs", ... ?

To me it makes more sense to say "participate as individuals" and add "and
you must disclose relevant conflicts or relationships".

Remember, our use of the net and our interests are not necessarily related
solely and uniquely to an employer.

		--karl--