Re: [wg-d] NC Elections. Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - Revised

> > > Sure.  Here's precisely how the NC would rewrite something:
> >
> > "would rewrite something".  That is not a citation of authority.
>
> I cited the authority for each step.
>
> [...]
>
> > "The NC is responsible for the management of the consensus building
> > process of the DNSO."
>
> A statement that "X is responsible for Y" does not mean that X has no
> other responsibilities.

Yes.  Now would you please cite the authority for those "other
responsibilities."

If they aren't listed, the NC doesn't have 'em.

Or do you read the bylaws to vest *all* unmentioned powers in the NC?

If so, why are any mentioned at all, since doing so would be redundant.

> In fact, of course, the responsibilities and powers of the NC are
> spelled out in detail in a number of specific provisions in the
> Bylaws, some of which I referenced.  For example, the NC has the
> responsibility for passing recommendations to the ICANN Board -- that
> is not "managing the consensus process".

Perhaps you ought to read full sentences instead of picking phrases.  The
NC's responsibility to pass things to the ICANN board is in the context of
the NC measuring consensus.  Things are forwarded up only if the NC finds
a certain degree of consensus.

It's pretty clear language in the bylaws and it's limitations are quite
obvious to those who read the entire sentence rather than relying on
random phrases.

> It also has the
> responsibility (and the power) to vote on proposals

Citation please.

		--karl--