Re: [wg-d] NC Elections. Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - RevisedAgenda

> That is, a committee composed only of NC members can rewrite
> anything.  A committee of the *whole* NC can rewrite anything, or come
> up with something from scratch.  The idea that the NC "can't change
> a single comma" is a pure fantasy.

You forget that the "consensus" that the NC must discover is based on
something more than themselves.  They are obligated to look at all
elements.  Thus if they try to usurp the system by forming their own
captive drafting committee to twart a consensus, they will be quite
clearly showing that they are working in directy opposition to their
obligation to recognize all the sources of opinion.

As is very clear from the bylaws the NC is merely there to measure whether
a consensus exists, not to create or fabricate one of their own liking.

> The intent of the GA was that they have influence through their
> EXPERTISE

I'm glad to hear you say it -- that the NC has no institutional expertise.
I agree.  If an individual NC person has something he/she wants to
express, he/she is welcome to come to the GA and make his/her knowledge
known and hope that it changes peoples' minds.

Of course, we keep hearing statements how this this non-expert NC must
have unlimited power to rewrite and overturn the work product, the
consensus work product I might add, of the experts gathered in the GA.

> "Seems" is the operative word.

So what?  The GA has always been open to everyone.  Your point is simply a
restating of the blatently obvious.

Of course, the emasculated GA that you are advocating is something that
anyone who has one of the privileged voices in the NC would find not worth
joining except perhaps for marketing and press purposes.

		--karl--