Re: [wg-c] Sunday Reflections

Eric Brunner wrote:

> Oki all,
[snipped]

> until indirect-interest is replaced by political
> policy as the caretaker of the DNS. Until value based upon sales is driven
> out by value based upon value based on knowledge, or as much of that rare
> commodity as public life affords anyone ever.

I don't as much cause for optimism as you apparently do in such a large scale
transformation of the public's political sophistication in such a compressed
space of time.

At whatever level you pitch it, one interest group's strategic success in a
process is another's setback. (Even a "non-zero sum" type compromise between
contending groups can have its unspoken-of losers.)

Power is a matter of capturing contended terrain. It's fair to speak of
casualties, as you have, but as I see it, the process (especially if your
prescription for the next stages of it plays out) reflects a steady shifting of
the terrain from the commanding heights to the vastness of the trenches.

Craig Simon