Re: [wg-c] CONSENSUS CALLS -- THIS IS IT

At 10:58 AM 4/13/00 -0700, you wrote:
>PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER ONE
>
>	The initial rollout should include a range of top level domains,
>from open
>TLDs to restricted TLDs with more limited scope.

I don't know how you are using these terms so, No. They should all be
restricted in some form or other (in the semantic meaning (or lack thereof)
in the TLD suffix, if nothing else.

>PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER TWO
>
>	Criteria for assessing a gTLD application, subject to current
>technical
>constraints and evolving technical opportunities, should be based
>on all of
>the following principles :

No.

>PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER THREE
>
>	WG-C recommends that the Names Council charter a working group
>to develop
>policy regarding internationalized domain names using non-ASCII
>characters.

I would like to see an idns, but I defer to my technical colleagues who
inform me that the IETF is better suited to this task at this time so I
abstain.