Re: [wg-c] CONSENSUS CALLS -- THIS IS IT

>PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER ONE
>
>	The initial rollout should include a range of top level domains, from open
>TLDs to restricted TLDs with more limited scope.

NO.
 I think the initial rollout should be all generic TLDs and the
introduction of chartered TLD's at this time may just complicate (and
delay!) matters unnecessarily.
I would favour the introduction of chartered TLD's *after* the initial
rollout.

>PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER TWO
>
>	Criteria for assessing a gTLD application, subject to current technical
>constraints and evolving technical opportunities, should be based on all of
>the following principles :

<snip>

NO. Although I think these criteria are well intentioned, I see great
potential for controversy about their interpretation.  Their adoption will
not be helpful for the rollout of gTLD's.

>PROPOSED ROUGH CONSENSUS ITEM NUMBER THREE
>
>	WG-C recommends that the Names Council charter a working group to develop
>policy regarding internationalized domain names using non-ASCII characters.

NO. It is too early for policy development when the IETF has not yet
addressed the technical end of tackling this issue.
--Joop--
www.idno.org