RE: [wg-c] S/K principles

I do not like Principle #1 as Philip has drafted it.

It seems inconsistent with open TLDs. Why should there be a principle
designating that TLD strings have meaning? This seems superfluous on the one
hand, and on the other could be  used against the continued operation of a
registry that has no more precise meaning than *.com currently has. In other
words, we should be careful that our "principles" do not inadvertently
sustain the *.com TLD in its privileged position.

The other points seem fine.

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M.
www.cyberspaces.org
rod@cyberspaces.org