Re: [wg-c] Working Group C agenda

Multilingualism as a basic principle
------------------------------------
The principles should spare a thought for folks who are non-native
speakers of English, or at least, not familiar with the English
alphabet. After all, is the Internet the global info infrastructure or
is it not?  Shouldn't there be a principle that includes
multilingualism? At least, until the IETF IDN working group comes up with
the guidelines for internationalising the domain name system, the
Sheppard/Kleinman principles should lay down the basis for a level playing field
in making basic provisions for ASCII transliterated translations
in other languages ... at least until the multilingual script issue
is sorted out.

rgds

Tin Wee