[wg-c] Re: [wg-b] Creation of Famous List

At 16:10 26-03-2000 -0500, John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D. wrote:

>[whois.alabanza.com]
>Consumer Information Organization (FIBERSHIELD-NET-DOM)
>    PO Box 44232
>    Washington, DC 20026-4232
>    US
>
>    Domain Name: FIBERSHIELD.NET
>
>    Administrative Contact:
>         Russ Smith  (RS11-BR)  a@consumer.net
>         Phone- 703-567-2375
>         Fax- 703-567-2375

Dear John:

I'm confused.  It looks as though you have found the new registration.  I
have checked both the NSI RegistraR and NSI RegistrY whois and get this
bare bones response:

http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois?STRING=FIBERSHIELD.NET&STRING=Search

http://www.nsiregistry.net/cgi-bin/whois?whois_nic=fibershield.net&type=domain

    Domain Name: FIBERSHIELD.NET
             Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
             Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
             Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
             Name Server: NS2.QUALIKOM.COM
             Name Server: NS6.QUALIKOM.COM
             Updated Date: 20-mar-2000

Where are the contact points?  Where is the creation date?

How did you get more data than is available from the web based whois?

Regards, BobC, who believes in removing the additional names in the
distribution list.