Re: [wg-c] Application Requirements

How about asking the applicant to identify competing interests in the
same TLD, and a rationale for selection of the application?

  Jamie

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Kendall Dawson wrote:

> I've updated the list to include your suggestions:
>
> http://paradigm.nu/dnso/
>
> If others have comments/additions/modifications - please send them in.
>

> Kendall

> Application Requirements (Working Draft)  - 3/26/2000
>
> General Information : Common Elements
>

> Qualification of the Registry -
> ·	Full name
> ·	Mailing Address
> ·	Phone and Fax Numbers
> ·	Public Key
> ·	List of directors
> ·	Business plan
> ·	Backup and disaster recovery plan
> ·	Technical capabilities
> ·	Description of network capabilities
> ·	Description of telephone systems
> ·	Description of computer systems
> ·	Description of technical support
>
> Nature of the TLD -
> ·	Proposed initial TLD
> ·	Published TLD meaning or purpose
> ·	Estimated volume of registrations.
> ·	Would applicant run the root for the TLD?
> ·	Supporting documentation relating to trademark status of TLD
> ·	For-Profit or Non-Profit?
> ·	       Price and billing requirements
> ·	       Business and revenue model
> ·	Chartered or Open?
> ·	       What are the restrictions?

> Undecided Issues:
>
> Shared vs. Non-shared
>
> ·	Protocol(s) used for registration (SRP)
> ·	Certificate authority (SSL)
> ·	Directory, "whois" and Directory services
> ·	Compliance to minimum software standards
> ·	What reports are generated for registrars?
> ·	How are the gTLD root servers operated and updated?
> ·	Service Level, and QOS issues
>
> Trademark Issues:
>
> ·	Name conflicts (UDRP)
> ·	Protection for famous and well-known trademarks
> ·	Centralized access to "whois" data
>
> Security Issues:
>
> ·	Stability
> ·	What about business failure or bankruptcy ?
> ·	Probationary phase requirements
> ·	Audit/review process
> ·	Minimum TLD SLA
> ·	Physical security mechanisms
> ·	Insurance and bonds

James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
P.O. Box 19367        | http://www.cptech.org
Washington, DC 20036  | love@cptech.org
Voice 202/387-8030    | Fax 202/234-5176