-----------Original message -----------
From: Rick H Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 08:10:42 (PST)

how about we separate out the common items and make that a general section
to the application and then develop appropriate questions for each instance
where policy could be different.

==============================

Application Requirements (Working Draft)

------------------------
General Information :
(Common Elements)
------------------------

Full name
Mailing Address
Phone and Fax Numbers
Public key
List of directors

Overview of the business
Business plan
Technical capabilities
Estimated volume of registrations.

Description of network capabilities
Description of telephone systems
Description of computer systems
Description of technical support
Backup and disaster recovery plan

------------------------
Undecided Issues:
(Registry Models)
------------------------

Shared vs. Non-shared:

Certificate authority (SSL)
Directory, "whois" and Directory services
Name conflicts and Addressing
Compliance to certain minimum software standards
What reports are generated for registrars?
How are the gTLD root servers operated and updated?
Service Level, and QOS issues

------------------------

Security Issues:

Probationary phase
Audit/review process
Requirements that a TLD registry MUST meet, a minimum TLD SLA
Protocol used for registrations
Physical security mechanisms
Insurance and bonds

------------------------

Chartered vs. Non-chartered:

Restrictions of current registrar status
Would the applicant run the root for the gTLD(s) in question?
What gTLD(s) do they propose to run?
Trademark and ownership issues (WIPO recommendations)

Commercial vs. Non-commercial:

Fees - price and billing requirements, how will the registry bill their
clients?
What should happen in the case of business failure or bankruptcy ?
Business and revenue model