Re: [wg-c] Choosing the intial testbed

Hi William,
	maybe a bogus argument. In any case, there are a few million SLDs,
and only a handful of those sell/market/grant/give/whatever third level
domains in a mass market manner. Nothing stops them from continuing to do
so, and nothing stops anyone from setting up their own SLD and doing so
aswell. No problem. A non-issue.
My issue (should you care to address it, which I doubt) is that opening up
the root just moves everything one level up.
The "interesting" (as in people fighting to get the control of it) registry
level now becomes the root as opposed to the TLD-level which we have today.
And what is today the SLD level (where nobody fights for the right to become
a registry) would be the TLD level. The same viability (or lack of it) that
ml.org type organisations have today they would continue to have (or
continue to lack) but with a TLD instead. People would continue to flock to
(or avoid) them because at the same time they would have the possibility to
get their own TLD.

Yours, John Broomfield.