Re: [wg-c] WG-C report -- final version

At 10:28 AM 3/20/00 -0800, Mark C. Langston wrote:
>[snip]
>Finally, I don't see how the NC _can_ consider a vote on these issues
>in good conscience _without_ the report from this WG.  The only
>appropriate action for the NC to take should the report be delayed
>would be for the NC to delay the vote until the report is in, and then
>vote as guided by the report.
>[snip]

	*This* report is going to the Names Council in approximately seven hours
(assuming that the WG approves it, which seems likely, since my current
running tally is 38 yes, 7 no).  That's mandated by the schedule the NC
gave us.  The NC will then request public comment, and it will take its own
vote in four weeks.  I'd like us to reach rough consensus re: the
principles (whether they're desirable, and if so what they should consist
of), or to conclude that we can't, before that date four weeks from now.  I
figure that anything we can report to the NC before that date will be useful.

Jon