Re: [wg-c] WG-C report -- final version

At 10:16 AM 3/20/00 +0100, Philip Sheppard wrote:
>You have done a great job managing this process but I am forced to vote no
>to the WG C report. How many is the wrong question. Recommending an
>oligopoly of 6-10 will do nothing for consumer confidence as it will
>encourage warehousing and cyber squatting without the differentiation that
>is so desperately required.

This is the first time that someone from the trademark constituency seems
to be suggesting the need for immediately creating MANY new TLDs.

Unfortunately Philip, this low a number, for initial addition to the DNS,
was developed directly in response to concerns from your colleagues!

Separately, you seem to miss the point that this is an INITIAL
increment.  Given your affiliation with companies concerned with branding,
you are presumably familiar with the concept of a staged roll-out.  That is
what this is supposed to be.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA