Re: [wg-c] more on non-shaired gTLDs

At 03:26 PM 3/19/00 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:
>On 19-Mar-2000 Dave Crocker wrote:
> > At 02:39 PM 3/19/00 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:
> >>Full and proper market competition would include competition at the
> registry
> >>level also, would it not?
> >
> > Please specify exactly what you mean by "competition at the registry
> level"
> > and how pursuit of it does not run afoul of technical constraints, such as
> > those described by the Internet Architecture Board.
>
>We have over 240 registries today.   Can you explain how this works in
>light of
>any "technical constraints?"

William, you used a term and I asked you to explain it.  Instead you cam
back with a question, but no explanation.  So I rpeat my question:  what do
you mean "competition at the registry level"?

None of those 240 are "shared registries".  They are individual
regisitries, each under control of a single authority.  Some have multiple
registrars.  Is that what you meant?

At 03:52 PM 3/19/00 -0800, Roeland M. J. Meyer wrote:
>I only consider IAB contraints to be guidelines and not otherwise a
>chain-set.

Each of us is free to choose to ignore the considerable expertise of others.

d.

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA