[wg-c] Re: your mail

tim,

we are talking about gTLDs and .mil, .edu and .gov are historic TLDs and
are chartered but not generic.

could you think of a reason that a generic TLD should be chartered and run
by a monopoly. Its hard from me to understand why we would take 2 steps
back and create more situations which have taken more than 4 years to
resolve. The NSI monopoly of the .com .net and .org gTLDs is exactly what
I thought we were to avoid.

could you make some proposals of a chartered gTLD and explain why it
should not be "shaired" and how a large portion of internet users would
benifit if it were created?

thanks,

-rick