RE: [wg-c] application documents requirements

I don't think it is realistic to think that ICANN will approve new
monopolies in the DNS.  While we haven't necessarily come to consensus on
this point, it does not makes sense to argue such an issue.  Do people
really think that if we come to consensus that there could be new
monopolies, ICANN and DOC would consider it?

I do think, however, it is reasonable to assume there could be other
competitive models other than a registry/registrar model.