Re: [wg-c] historical trivia (getting to the Shepperd/Kleiman "p

At 02:38 AM 3/16/00 -0500, Milton Mueller wrote:
>For the record, I consider Garrin's Name.space, Crocker's IAHC proposal,
>Ambler's .web, and Brunner's .naa all to be legitimate applicants for new
>TLDs, and of the same moral status.
>
>The fact that some of these applicants, notably Crocker and Brunner, attempt
>to elevant themselves above the others may detract from one's personal
>evaluation of them, but is basically irrelevant to the work of this group.
>
>I suggest that this type of squabbling cease.

For the record it is fascinating to see post-hoc analysis of history by
those who were not involved, particularly when their interpretations so
readily dismiss the first-hand data of those who were.  Still, they are
legitimate participants in the current process.

The fact that the ignorance is underscored by a pointed effort at
thoroughly personalizing perspectives may detract from one's personal
evaluation of them.  Unfortunately, it is extremely relevant to the quality
of their input.

For the record the IAHC proposal was authorized by a number of different
agencies and was developed by a 12-person committee and ratified by more
than 225 organizations.  I have a large ego, but attributing the IAHC
proposal to me -- even though I was its editor -- is rank distortion.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA