RE: [wg-c] about the consensus call; How do we get a degreeof

"Christopher Ambler" <cambler@iodesign.com> wrote 03/16/00 01:45AM

>On 16-Mar-2000 Robert F. Connelly wrote:
>>> I therefore do not endorse the idea of having this group compound its
>>> problem by adding a hundred new variables to the selection process *at
>this
>>> time*.  In fact, this group may *never* be able to come to a consensus on
>>> the actual gTLDs to be delegated.
>>
>>I agree with Robert completely.
>
>I do as well, but only because it's out of the scope of this WG to come
>to consensus on the actual TLDs to be delegated. This group is tasked to
>decide HOW new TLDs will be delegated, not WHICH.

Grond scratch head.
Grond put URL for WG-C charter into browser.
Grond read:

     1.Should there be new generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs)?
        If yes: How many? Which? [rest of paragraph omitted]

Grond think:  when WG-C charter says "which" in third sentence of the
quoted paragraph, what is the referent?  What means this word "which"
in this context unless it means WG-C is supposed to (to put this in the
unmistakable terms aviators use in order to prevent auguring into a
schoolroom and killing many children)

"SAY TO NC NAMES OF NEW GTLDS WHICH SHOULD BE CREATED."

Grond give himself headache trying to think of what the word "which"
in paragraph 1 of WG-C charter means if it not mean  "say names of
New gTLDs." Grond want medicine now, him no can figure out what
"which" could possibly mean if it not mean this, and headache getting
worse.  Grond obviously too stupid to play semantic games this morning,
him too worried about the girl he didn't leave at the side of the river yesterday, and why.....

[digression into the vectors of relationship between the Wu Li masters,
Ralph the wonder Llama, and the domain name wars omitted for the
benefit of all, including the only other member of this WG who has the
least concept of what I'm typing about now :-)

Kevin J. Connolly

WG-C is a _camel_ designed by a committee.

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential
and is or may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, the work
product doctrine, joint defense privileges, trade secret protections,
and/or other applicable protections from disclosure.  If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this com-
munication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communi-
cation in error, please immediately notify us by calling our Help Desk
at 212-541-2000 ext.3314, or by e-mail to helpdesk@rspab.com