Re: [wg-c] The scope of gTLDs

	It's correct, I think, that a TLD that has its use defined so as to
exclude potential registrants has a different "administrative schema" than
one that does not.  The only question that divides us, rather, is one of
terminology.  IAHC suggested that a chartered TLD should not be called a
"gTLD."  The Names Council, OTOH, didn't follow that terminology in setting
up this WG:   In tasking the WG to decide whether "each new gTLD [should]
have a specific charter," it made clear its own understanding that
chartered as well as non-chartered (non-country-code) TLDs are
appropriately called "gTLDs."

Jon