RE: [wg-c] historical trivia (getting to the Shepperd/Kleiman "p

>Sure it is.  IANA had no such authority.  It's endorsement was no better
than
>if someone like Howard Stern had endorsed it.   If IANA had the authority,
then
>the NSF would not have directed NSI to ignore any new gTLD requests from
IANA.

>There are equal as far as that goes.

Pretty-much agreed. So I'd argue that we should throw the issue of authority
out the door and forget about it. Instead, just look at who has
infrastructure
in place based upon assurances, no matter how misplaced, by IANA. Not as
justification, just as a fact.

Ironic how Dave chides Paul for touting his company, and then goes and
tries to place CORE's birth on a pedestal over other such prospective
companies. Pots, kettles and the like.

--
Christopher Ambler
chris@the.web