[wg-c] INT domain

Jon,

The purpose and scope of the INT domain properly
falls within the purview of this working group, and
the DNSO in general.

For the many years in which I've been involved in
international affairs, one of the most genuinely
useful international organizations is in fact the
one which maintains the world's global record of
international organizations - the Brussels based
Union of International Associations - a role it's
effected as a private organization pursuant to a
League of Nations treaty for a great many years.

Early last month, the UIA filed with IANA a request
for an INT domain name, and forwarded me a copy in
a personal capacity.  See below.  Hopefully its
request will be granted as it's an elegant and clearly
effective example of a private international
organization providing a treaty function.

In my personal capacity, I'd like to now convey this
to you, suggesting that it raises several issues that
deserve consideration.  These include:

1. Whether the INT domain criteria shouldn't now
be considered within the DNSO and WG-C;
2. Whether requests that pose policy implications
shouldn't be automatically forwarded to the DNSO;
3. Whether the INT domain ontology shouldn't
indeed encompass the very global function performed
by the UIA for so many years and be performed by
the UIA.

--tony