[wg-c] forwarded for Kendall Dawson

>Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:13:17 -0500
>To: wg-c@dnso.org
>From: Kendall Dawson <kendall@motif1.obs-us.com>
>Subject: Milton Mueller's definition of a registry
>
>I agree with Milton.
>
>By having third-party organizations involved at a purely administrative
level would only cause more confusion. Either you run the registry or you
don't. We don't need the extra level of bureaucracy caused by separating
the "sponsors" from the daily administration of the TLD. If you have an
idea for a new TLD - you either have the ability to run the registry
yourself - or, you go find someone who can do it for you. When you approach
ICANN for approval, it should be assumed that you (or someone that you have
partnered with) already have the ability to run the registry.