Re: [wg-c] IMPORTANT: WG-C Report

Patrick,

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> Has anyone considered asking the community what TLDs are most desireable
> and putting bids out to run those TLDs?

while that might bring intersting results IMHO it would be GOOD to start
discussion how folks will expect operational issues to work. We don't want
to have a 1:1 raitio of new gTLDs and protocols that the Registrars have
to implement to allocate names in the new name spaces.

There also operational issues on who manages the roots that serve up these
new gTLDs.

I don't expect the potential registrars to bring to the table the
resources NSI Registrar did, especially the NDA part of things!

regards,

-rick