re: [wg-c] Re: vote?

Jon wrote:
--------------
That said, I really want to know what others think. Not many people have
spoken to this, and those who have have been roughly divided:  Bob,
Kent, Bill and Mr. McCarthy have indicated that it would not be
appropriate to call this a "wg-c report"; Milton, Rod and William (and
I) have indicated the other view. I'm happy to go along with the general
sense of the group on this one, whatever it is. So let me know.
--------------

Hi,

I know that I am new to WG-C, and I have seen this topic come up a
couple of times in the short while that I have been a member. My
personal feelings on the matter:

I believe that Jon is correct in stating that we should term this a
"wg-c report". This is the whole point of this Working Group! People who
joined wg-c did so under the pretense of establishing a recommendation
to ICANN
regarding gTLD's. Every opinion which is made publicly to the list is
counted and becomes the "property" of the public forum known as "wg-c".
Therefore, any commentary made to the list contributes to the final
recommendation in some way. If someone makes a statement which is
*obviously* false - the group should respond to this post immediately.
And, if group members do not - they cannot say that their voice was not
heard.

The report should, in my opinion, be officially labeled "wg-c report".
After all, this report is one of the goals that the WG is working
towards. I feel that the co-chair is perfectly within his right to
present a consensus of the posts made by the group as an "official
report" assuming that there has not been a massive outcry from the group
telling him otherwise.

In any sort of democratic forum there will be a variety of voices and a
myriad of opinions. But, the final decision is always based on a
consensus of the group as a whole. If enough people disagree with the
decision - they are free to enlist others who have the same opinions to
become a majority and change the group consensus.

Just my .02 cents worth...

Kendall