[wg-c] non-consensus call

	In my message last Tuesday, I also stated that I would issue a consensus
call on the issue of open vs. restricted TLDs.  There was a strong majority
in the straw poll in favor of the proposition that the process should have
room for *both* limited-purpose TLDs (which have a charter that
meaningfully limits who can register there) and general-purpose TLDs (which
have an "open" charter that does not significantly restrict registration in
that TLD, or, perhaps, have no charter at all).

	On second thought, though, it seems to me that this issue is intimately
connected with our ongoing discussions about the 8 principles that Philip
has proposed and redrafted.  I suspect that it would make sense to hold
back a consensus call on this issue until we're closer to closure, on way
or another, on those discussions.  So my inclination is to wait a bit on
this consensus call; if anybody thinks that's mistaken, please let me know.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
co-chair, WG-C
weinberg@msen.com