Re: [wg-c] Comments on the 8 principles

Kent, thanks for your comments on the principles and your approval of some
of them.

I agree with your analysis re registry operator. The wording was not
intended to link gTLD name approval to registry operator approval and will
be amended.

Certainty - I agree interpretation of this may be difficult in some
instances but should be clear in most. It might stop for example, .kids
being used for pornography or alcohol sites.

The reason for "unnecessarily" in the honesty principle recognises that all
new gTLDs per se increase opportunities for fraud but that this can be more
blatant in some cases. It links to certainty. It might stop for example,
.nike being registered for use by shoe traders who are not Nike (but may be
fine for a gTLD intended for sites about Greek goddesses).

You are right about the query resolution heading. This must go as we have
now dropped the findability principle.

I understand your comments on semantics but do feel that this principle as
it is now worded presents a good discipline on a registry application to be
aware of how the proposed gTLD fits into the world of gTLDs.  It is not
currently worded as grounds for exclusion.

Philip