(fwd) Re: [wg-c] STRAW POLL VOTE

------- Forwarded Message

From: Paul Garrin <pg@name-space.com>
To: Jonathan Weinberg <weinberg@mail.msen.com>
Bcc:
Subject: Re: [wg-c] STRAW POLL
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 05:04:41 -0500

> QUESTION ONE

  (write-in category)
  5.  Some gTLDs may have charters while others not, as determined by
  the registry offering services for the gTLD.  A gTLD should not be
  required to have a charter that limits the universe of registrants
  who may register in the gTLD.

> QUESTION TWO

  (write-in category)
  5. There may be both chartered and non chartered gTLDs in the initial
  rollout considering that gTLDs are not required to have charters.
  Registries may elect to support chartered and non-chartered gTLDs.

> QUESTION THREE

> 6. Other (please explain).
  Existing new gTLD registry operators establish a testbed for a shared
  registry system for new gTLDs along with a plan for deployment of a large
  number of gTLDs supported by such system.  ICANN may review the registries
  for technical and business compliance in the way that it presently accredits
  legacy domain ("com." "org." "net.") registrars.  Selection of the gTLDs
  should be based on market demand and the best practice technical
  implementations that assure stability in the scaling of the DNS.

- --Paul Garrin

------- End of Forwarded Message