Re: [wg-c] Some reactions to the principles v5

Milton,
thank you for your thoughts on the principles. I agree with almost all of
your analysis. I am very happy to adopt your proposed wording for
differentiation, competition and to delete findability.

I have adopted your wording for semantics but it is a little passive. So I
have added a phrase in line with the "no gTLD is an island" concept.

I am not quite convinced that we can delete P1 on certainty because it is
captured by P2 on honesty. I agree the concept is - these two are
intentionally linked. P1 should not exclude gTLDs that do not stand for
anything yet. There is not intended to be a temporal element here. If a gTLD
purports to stand for an emerging idea or new brand that should be fine, so
long as it does so. The idea is to avoid .cars being used for airlines
(bizarrely) or more pertinently .kids being used for pornography or alcohol.
Both uses would not necessarily be fraudulent and captured under P2.

I will repost the principles with your amendments as described above.
Philip