Re: [wg-c] A brief note on linguists...

Linguistics, in pure form, does not speak to memorability, says little
about its relationship to categorization, and says nothing about
contextual dependency at the level we're discussing.

Sorry, but I'm pulling rank here.  The field of linquistics and the
field of cognitive science intersect to a small degree here, but
linguistic inquiry is not the proper avenue from which to approach
this.

You may have studied it in college; I hold several degrees and have
published numerous papers in the relevant field.  The only reason I'm
doing contract work instead of working towards tenure at an Ivy is
because the money's better.

--
Mark C. Langston
mark@bitshift.org