RE: [wg-c] Cairo meeting?

At 7:24 AM -0800 2/16/00, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>Correct, I do not agree.
>
>When there is no agenda at this late date, how can anyone be
>expected to make last-minute travel plans? Should one spend
>the effort and money on the presumption that there will be
>a reasonable agenda at attendance? I don't think so.
>
>When a meeting is held in a location such as Cairo, where the
>logistics for attendance are non-trivial, one would expect
>a greater amount of pre-planning and pre-publication of
>information. As is typical with ICANN, however, we not only
>do not have that, but they're late (again).

Add to this the promise that online participation (to "govern" this
online forum) is supposedly given the name weight as attendance, and
further adding that much of the debate will concern what consumers
want and what confuses them when consumers as a group are NOT allowed
a voice, and you have a rather interesting construct of those who
believe in the "old" ways of decision making (face to face meetings)
and those who believe in the "Internet" way.  I find the whole thing
rather amusing, personally.