Re: [wg-c] STRAW POLL

I will first express my doubt that we will find consensus. For that
matter, I feel that we few (we happy few) do not represent the
consensus needed. With that said, however...

QUESTION ONE

4. ICANN should simply select new registries and leave issues of names and
charters (including whether to limit the universe of people who can
register in the domain, and if so how) to the new registries.

QUESTION TWO

4. ICANN should simply select new registries and leave issues of names and
charters (including whether to limit the universe of people who can
register in the domain, and if so how) to the new registries.

QUESTION THREE

1. ICANN picks a set of registries according to objective criteria.
(Alternatively, ICANN narrows the set of applicants using objective
criteria, and chooses among the remaining applicants, if necessary, via
lotteries or auctions).  Once chosen, registries pick their own gTLD names
and associated charters (if any), subject to a process under which ICANN
can resolve conflicts and can deem certain gTLD strings out of bounds.

CAVEAT: I do not support the parenthetical beginning with the word,
"Alternatively." If this invalidates this position, then please count me
as expressing support for number 6, with the text above sans the
aforementioned parenthetical.

Christopher