[wg-c] Adding EU

Since everyone has added their two-cents, including my prior non-statement,

I offer the following rubric;

There is no current process for adding new gTLDs to the roots.
The ccTLD mechanism is indeed the ISO list, period.
Those not on the ISO list are gTLDs.
EU is not in the ISO list.

All sorts of rhetoric and personal preferences aside, EU should not be
granted until they either get added to the ISO list or we finish defining
the process for adding new TLDs. Any other course is out-of-band and should
be ignored.

That being said, we must be careful that EU doesn't simply get PO'd and set
up it's own root system. It would behoove us to hurry up and get productive.

R O E L A N D  M. J. M E Y E R

winmail.dat