Re: [wg-c] Commission Working paper on the creation of .EU

Kevin,

In the internet there is no such thing.  These things were always at the whim
of Dr Postel as long as he didn't raize the ire of the NSF.  Now with the DoC
being involved and ICANN doing what it pleases, anything is probably fair game.

But the fact remains that he is correct, it is the current practice, and I
fully support it remaining that way.

So then the question remains, do regions qualify for "regional" domains in the
ccTLD class?

Interesting question.

But rather than places them in the 2 letter domain category traditionally
reserved for ISO-3166 based delegation, I would much prefer to see them use a 3
letter variation, like .eur, which makes more sense anyway.

I also think that Milton has it spot on.  There is absolutely NO reason why the
European Union proposal should be considered as ANY different from any new TLD,
and subject to all of the processes that are being developed for same.

- --
William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
DSo Networks  http://dso.net/
Fax: 877-860-5412 or +1-559-851-9192