Re: [wg-c] non-member submission, forwarded for Michael Heltzer

----- Original Message -----
From: Mikki Barry <ooblick@netpolicy.com> wrote

> Please be it known that as a member of INTA I was not consulted prior
> to this statement.  Therefore, I do not believe that this statement
> speaks for 3700 members.

And Mike did NOT actually say that the statement spoke for all 3700 members,
any more than President Clinton would claim to speak for all 220 million
Americans individually, but he does speak for America, and Mike can
legitimately claim to speak for INTA on a similar  basis.

Perhaps we should ask for a show of hands at the next INTA internet meeting
in Denver if we really want to get into quibbling over numbers - I have
little doubt that the INTA position as represented by Mike would attract a
proportionately greater support than Clinton and certainly numerically
greater than any represented by Ms Barry (the numerical membership of the
DNRC, for example, is still a closely guarded secret as far as I recall from
previous [fruitless] exchanges on number counting [and I certainly don't
want to bother reopening that debate], but I expect there are many  more
subscribers to www.dnrc.org  - which provides me at least with much needed
light relief  from our DNS debates -
check it out ;-)