Re: [wg-c] Chartered gTLD .RX or the like.

> One might think of a chartered .rx gTLD.  However, it might need to be
> state by state or country by country.  For example, a pharmacy in
> California might have "acme.ca.rx".  Oops, what about one in
> Canada?  Perhaps it should be "acme.cal.rx".

The other way around would be more appropriate - acme.rx.ca.us for
California licensed pharmacies, acme.rx.ca for those under Canadian law,
etc.

The ccTLDs are appropriate places for those who want to build a taxonomy
of things based on local/national definitions.

I wonder whether certain localities might go along with a worldwide "rx"
that includes, for example, needle exchanges, marijuana clubs, methadone
houses -- all of these exist, quite legally, in some localities but are
quite illegal in others.

		--karl--