Re: [wg-c] The fruits of confessional conflict (Sunday after Solstice)

Eric,

I find the "Common Names Resolution Protocol WG" especially interesting,
the main contributors are either employed by NSI or RealNames both of
which have been working very hard on getting another protocol accepted as
the basis of creating additional for profit registries.

Their last atempt was foiled by the IESG after RealNames posted an I-D
written by NSI and RealNames stating the Inlectual Property rights and
the sole registry would be owned and run by RealNames.

It appears a "good" atempt to route arround the dns mess and accquire a
new registry based on trademark and IP constrainsts.

NSI recently took a 10% stake in RealNames ;-)

-rick