RE: [wg-c] new TLDs

At 06:01 PM 12/23/1999 , Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>At the risk of diving down one of your famous rat-holes, "allow" is
>misplaced as that implies that those can also disallow. I don't see anyone
>with the power to disallow WEB, regardless of imagined authority. I only see

Thanks for the ad hominem, but IANA/ICANN controls the content of the
IANA/ICANN DNS root servers and, therefore, very much does allow and not
allow particular TLD entires in that root.

>editorial control of "a" root-zone. I also don't see where a single
>root-zone can effectively be mandated, which is a point that the ORSC

Other DNS root efforts are irrelevant to this forum and, therefore, were
not a factor in my statement.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA