Re: [wg-c] new TLDs

On 22-Dec-1999 Mark C. Langston wrote:
> Too many of you are discussing this from the standpoint of, "this will
> or will not make money," or "That'll never fly; it's not profitable."
> That's not the issue.  You can all go bankrupt for all I care.  The issue
> here is what's good for the Internet and everyone in the world, not what's
> good for your bottom line.  Please at least pay lip service to that even
> if you're going to continue trying to figure a profit angle from it.

The bottom line, Mark, is that the bills have to be paid.  And honestly, a
competitive commercial system is usually the best for the consumer as well.  If
the concept isn't commercially viable, then it has a very low likelihood of
succeeding.

--
William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
DSo Networks  http://dso.net/