Re: [wg-c] new TLDs

> Your proposal for a .BANK tld is an interesting idea, and one
> example of literally hundreds of possible applications of new
> tlds.

Does this include savings and loans?  Credit unions?  Investment banks?
The US Federal Reserve?  My stock brokerage offers many bank-like
services, so I guess they can be a .BANK too.  What about food or blood
banks? How about SoftBank?  How about a web site on how to bank billiard
shots?  And we can't forget the man who broke the Bank at Monte Carlo or
the booksellers on the Left Bank in Paris. Nor should we forget about our
friend the Piggy Bank.

And our English-centricity is showing: Will we need the equivalent word as
TLDs in other languages?

Chartered TLDs lead to sillyness.

		--karl--