RE: [wg-c] reposted for Harald Tveit Alvestrand

> Great, so now if we can all agree on that, then maybe the "I
> want *my* TLD
> *NOW*" crowd can get together with you and go off and show us
> all how to
> make an alternative root meaningful. Oh, sorry, I forgot that
> there have
> been three or four ongoing attempts already and as that
> doesn't work, they
> instead try to shove "their" TLD down IANA/ICANNs throat.
> Problem is that they don't seem to agree with the framework
> that IANA/ICANN
> would like (which isn't that different from what IAHC
> suggested a while
> back), and keep stopping ANY addition of ANYTHING. After all,
> if it isn't
> *THEIR* TLD, then they don't want ANYTHING.

There you go being wrong again John. I'm here, Karl's here, Chris is here,
Paul's here, a gross lot of registrars are here, and it looks as if we are
actually trying to move the process forward. Also, the very ones that you're
castigating here have made the most effort at compromise.

We keep trying to come up with a workable process and YOU keep trying to
drag us off somewhere else. As far as I can tell, you've not budged one iota
from the extreme position that you've started off with two years ago. Yet,
you keep throwing around these extreme distractions that just plain aren't
true and attributing extreme positions, to your oppositon, that they just
plain do not hold. To make it more egregious, you don't just paint us all
with the same brush, you douse us with the whole bucket.