Re: [wg-c] IAB Technical Comment on the Unique DNS Root

> > I am posting from a competitive root domain.  Our familiar .com is a TLD
> > that is in the root system I'm using.
>
> what I asked is if you would post from one of the TLDs that are not in the
> root, we all know you won't.

Huh? .com is in the root system I'm using, as are all of our familiar gTLD
and ccTLDs, and then some others that are unfamiliar to most folks.

Are you asking me to post from .web?  If so, then I'm doing so and have
been doing so.  Many of my machines are in both domains.  Thus, for
example, the machine I'm sending from can be reached as npax.cavebear.web
if your machine uses a root that is willing to resolve it.

The weakness, if any, is that the root system that many cling to offers an
inadequate and limited inventory of TLDs.  That is that root systems own
choice.  And it is my choice not to use that root system.

		--karl--