Re: [wg-c] On reaching consensus, and the purpose of the testbed

Petter Rindforth is right in his analysis of the no votes. As easy as it is
to ask the question " how many?" it is the wrong question at the wrong time.

We must first decide what we want to achieve with new gTLDs, then what we
might testbed.

The consensus building should come from first step principles, such as:
Is our objective to create a domain name system that makes consumer fraud
easier than in the off line world?  If we agree that this is NOT the
objective,  we have our first principle against which we can assess any gTLD
proposal. I would be happy to propose other such principles for discussion
one by one.

This is surely the way forward.

Philip Sheppard