Re: [wg-c] ballot stuffing

> Looks like the trademark community needed about a day to get organized.

Yes, I noticed it too.

However, they have a perfect right to do it.

(I can only grumble about their superior ability to organize, which is but
a mirror image of the lesser degree of organization by the opposing point
of view.  And that is really my own problem, not theirs.)

It is indeed nice to see a breath of democracy somewhere in ICANN.

What I expect, however, is that when those of us who believe that
intellectual property rights are but a small aspect of domain name policy
bring in a large number of votes reflecting that point of view that the TM
folks will be gracious in accepting the results of the election.

(I note, however, that I find the question of additional TLDs somewhat of
a tempest in an irrelevant teapot as I am happily using additional TLDs,
and have been for over two years now, in a completely valid and completely
working competitive root system that doesn't constrain itself to ICANN
imposed limitations.)

		--karl--