Re: [wg-c] ballot stuffing

Dave,

I expect about 20 more votes, roughly the 15 who wrote op pieces or signed
a position paper, and about 5 more not associated with a paper, but who
have written an op piece.

Philip Sheppard and Scott Pollard were not on the list as of Oct 26th, which
then had 95 names. However, unless voting patterns change (all but "C" YES,
and most dead-lurkers remaining so and failing to respond to this roll-call,
I'm more intrigued by the issue of brand protection (WG-B) at odds with the
very existence of any non-zero proposal comming out of WG-C, and the notion
that the IP Constituency is ready to defend the position that ICANN may not
add gTLDs for some undetermined period of time.

I'm cc'ing Mike Roberts, as you did, but with reluctence. He told us (the
Indigenous IP Constituency proposants) to take the seat assigned to us on
the ICANN bus by the group lead by Mike Heltzer, Jonathan Cohen, Susan Anthony,
and Todd Cohen (observer status, unqualified for membership for reasons not
yet stated). They are his problem, and ultimately if WIPO RFC3 takes out this
attempt (ICANN), like the chuckleheads who took out the previous one (IAHC),
it is self-inflicted.

[see http://www.icann.org/reconsideration/brunner-request-25june99.htm]

It is simply staggering that the marks group are unwilling to put forward
even an exulpatory proposal (a regulated non-profit) and are willing to risk
everything on an up-or-down smash-ICANN-or-smash-marks posture. On the plus
side Heltzer was fool enough to call for a vote without knowing the outcome,
and Caroline et al join Milt et al as compromise-challenged zealots of two
extreme choices, none and hundreds.

Maybe their clients _should_ be funding everything everywhere. My ballot
table follows (I think I lost four people).

Cheers,
Eric

110 subscribers of list 'wg-c' (as of 8 Dec 1999):
name			| 6-10	| paper	| 8 Dec	|	|	|
A.M. Rutkowski          |	| B	|	|	|	|
Amadeu Abril i Abril    |	|  	|	|	|	|
Amar Andersson          |	| A,D	|	|	|	|
Andrew Lutts            |	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Ann-Catherine Andersson |	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Annie Renard	        |	| C	|	|	|	|
Anthony Lupo	        |	| C	|	|	|	|
Astrid Broich	        |	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Barbara Dooley	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Beth Kennedy	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Bob Broxton	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Caroline Chicoine       |       | C	|NO	|	|	|
Chris Burton	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Chris Conant	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Christopher Ambler      |	| B  	|	|	|	|
Constanze Schmidt       |	|  	|	|	|	|
Craig Simon	        |	| F	|YES	|	|	|
Daiva Tamulioniene      |	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Dave Crocker	        |	| A,D  	|YES	|	|	|
David Maher	        |	| A,D 	|YES	|	|	|
David Rosenblatt        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Dongman Lee	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Elisabeth Porteneuve    |	|  	|	|	|	|
Eric Brunner	        |	| A,D,E	|YES	|	|	|
Eric Lee	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Eva Froelich	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Frederick Duca	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Geoffrey Dalman	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Glenn Kowack	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Greg Maxon	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Gurpreet Singh	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Hal Lubsen	        |	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Harold Feld	        |	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Ian Penman	        |	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Ivan Pope	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
J. William Semich       |	|  	|	|	|	|
Javier Sola	        |	| D	|	|	|	|
Jay Parker (WICG)       |	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Jean-Michel Becar       |	| A	|	|	|	|
Jeff Shrewsbury	        |	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Jeffrey Neuman	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Jim Glanz	        |	| D	|	|	|	|
John Charles Broomfield |	|  	|	|	|	|
John Giannandrea        |	|  	|	|	|	|
John Lewis	        |	|  	|No	|	|	|
John Zehr	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Jon Englund	        |	|  	|	|	|	|
Jonathan Weinberg       |	| A  	|	|	|	|
Joop Teernstra	        |	| B	|YES	|	|	|
Joseph Friedman		|	| A,D  	|YES	|	|	|
Karl Auerbach		|	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Kathryn Vestal		|	| B  	|YES	|	|	|
Keith Gymer		|	| C	|NO	|	|	|
Ken Stubbs		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Kent Crispin		|	| D,E	|	|	|	|
Kevin J. Connolly      	|	|  	|NO	|	|	|
Kilnam Chon		|	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Kyle Taylor		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Loo, Douglas		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Marilyn Cade		|	| C	|	|	|	|
Mark A. Sportack      	|	|  	|	|	|	|
Mark Langston		|	| B  	|YES	|	|	|
Mark Measday		|	| A  	|	|	|	|
Martin Schwimmer	|	| B,C	|	|	|	|
Matt Hooker		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Michael Palage		|	|  	|NO	|	|	|
Michael Schneider      	|	|  	|	|	|	|
Mikki  Barry		|	| B	|YES	|	|	|
Milton Mueller		|	| B	|YES	|	|	|
Myron L. Rosmarin      	|	|  	|	|	|	|
Myung Sun Chung		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Neeran Saraf		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Olivier Kozlowski      	|	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Oscar Robles		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Otho Ross               |	|  	|NO	|	|	|
Paul Garrin		|	| B  	|YES	|	|	|
Paul Gregson		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Paul Stahura		|	| A  	|	|	|	|
Petter Rindforth      	|       | C	|NO	|	|	|
Philip Sheppard		|	|  	|NO	|	|	|
Raul Echeberria		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Rebecca Nesson		|	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Richard Lindsay		|	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Rick H. Wesson		|	|  	|YES	|	|	|
Rita M. Odin		|	| C	|	|	|	|
Rob Hall		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Robert F. Connelly     	|	| A	|YES	|	|	|
Robert Waters		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Rod Dixon		|	| A,B 	|YES	|	|	|
Roeland Meyer		|	| G	|YES	|	|	|
Roger Cochetti		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Ross Wm. Rader		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Scott Pollard		|	|  	|NO	|	|	|
Siegfried Langenbach    |	| A  	|YES	|	|	|
Soo Jeong LEE		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Stephen Goodman		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Sue Leader		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Timothy M. Denton      	|	| B  	|YES	|	|	|
Tod Cohen		|	| C	|NO	|	|	|
Tolga Yurderi		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Tom Newell		|	|  	|	|	|	|
Werner Staub		|	|	|YES	|	|	|
Wes Monroe              |	|  	|	|	|	|
William X. Walsh      	|	| B  	|YES	|	|	|
Younjung Park           |	|  	|	|	|	|
hyeyoung kang           |	|  	|	|	|	|
m.janiaud@paris.infonie.|	|  	|	|	|	|